Kalbarri District High School has seen many changes in recent years with the construction of a modern purpose built Design and Technology, Home Economics, Science, Art, Information Technology and 6 general-purpose classrooms. The learning environment that has been created is beneficial to all students. In 2018 Kalbarri DHS will offer 2 pathways for students:
- Vocational Education and Training- is an alternative for students who do not wish to pursue ATAR Courses. VET provides students a pathway through TAFE and moving on to either University or directly to employment.
- Tertiary Entrance Examination – Students sit exams at the end of Year 12 to gain entry into University. The subjects are delivered through a blend of Distance Education and face to face.
- Subjects available face to face are Outdoor Recreation Certificate 2, Metalwork/Woodwork, English General/ATAR, Mathematics General/ATAR, Visual Arts General, Career and Enterprise General and Workplace Learning.
- There is a wide selection of online subjects available from the School Of Isolated and Distance Education and we have a dedicated Supervisor to assist in the delivery of courses. We also have state of the art technology to support this platform.
- Vet students have the opportunity to join the VETIS prgram at Central Regional TAFE for the delivery of PAIS and Certificate Courses. A dedicated bus is supplied by the school to transport students to Geraldton each week.