OUR VISION is to provide a supportive environment for students to develop relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and values that maximise individual potential in a global society.
Kalbarri DHS is sited in the picturesque tourist town of Kalbarri. We are surrounded by a National Park and the township is located at the mouth of the Murchison River. The permanent population of the town is around 1500 with the population rising towards 10000 during the ‘tourist season’. The community is reliant on tourism and service industries.
As a District High School, we have students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our Year 11 and 12 students have the opportunity to study courses of their choice through SIDE, TAFE and face-to-face teaching.
Currently the school has an enrolment of approximately 200 students and we maintain an experienced staff. Our proximity to the National Park, river and coastal cliffs, allows our staff to offer programs and lessons that take students out into our pristine environment.
Kalbarri District High School is committed to achieving a student-centred education for all students by using:
• A curriculum which is dynamic, rigorous and responding to student and societal needs.
• Staff who focus on student needs and are committed to self-improvement and collaboration.
• Decision making processes that reflect collaboration, consultation and best practice.
• Management of resources with effectiveness and efficiency.
• Modern technology and encouraging problem solving capabilities of students with an ever-increasing focus on the incorporation of STEM philosophies.
• Using the practises of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).