OUR VISION is to provide a supportive environment for students to develop relevant skills, knowledge, attitudes and values that maximise individual potential in a global society.
Kalbarri DHS is sited in the picturesque tourist town of Kalbarri. We are surrounded by a National Park and the township is located at the mouth of the Murchison River. The permanent population of the town is around 2 000, with the population rising up to 10 000 during the ‘tourist season’. The community is reliant on tourism, service industries and the fishing industry.
As a District High we have students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our Year 11 and 12 students have the opportunity to study courses of their choice through SIDE, whilst also having access to courses offered by face-to-face teachers.
With a reasonably stable enrollment of 255 students we have a stable and experienced staff.With our proximinity to the National Park, river and coastal cliffs our staff offer programs and lessons that take students out into the environment
Kalbarri staff are committed to achieving student centred education for all students using:
• A curriculum which is dynamic, rigorous and responding to student and societal needs.
• Staff who focus on student needs and are committed to self improvement and collaboration.
• Use of modern technology and encouraging problem solving capabilities of students.
• Decision making processes that reflect collaboration, consultation and best practise.
• Management of resources with effectiveness and efficiency.